Saguenay's statistical summary:
- Population in 2017: 145,400;
- Surface area: 1,128,56 km2;
- For rentals or purchase: Average rental cost: $587/month (2016) and for a home: $182,797 (2016) - accessible prices compared to other cities of similar size in Québec.
On the commercial level:
- Over 3,000 businesses, services and business places established in Saguenay;
- Our city has 5 downtown areas;
- Largest commercial hub in northeastern Québec.
Due to our Business Services department*:
- 349 jobs created or maintained via our services;
- $34,363,308 of investments generated within the framework of projects with financial support;
- An average of $505,343 in investments generated by technical and financially supported projects.
*Data gathered in 2017.
- Rio Tinto: 3,500 jobs in Saguenay
- 30,000 direct, indirect and induced jobs in aluminium
In regards to the industrial sector:
- 18.7% of the GDP from transformation and manufacturing;
- 20% of Québec-based timber exploitation in the region;
- 16,723 hectares in the food processing industry;
- Expertise in hydroelectricity: One of the only two cities in Québec to own dams over waterways.